  • Subject: RE: BPCS 6.0.04 Credit Card Processing
  • From: Stuart McDonnell <StuartM@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:51:53 +0100

Help is at hand!! I have highlighted areas where we can help you on the
manual transaction entries within BPCS.

http://www.cashbook.com

As a partner with SSA,  SAI provide business to business financial
optimisation solutions incorporating software solutions, which complement
various corporate accounting systems.

SAI's primary product is the Cashbook which is fully integrated with BPCS
which clients use to record payments, receipts (offers improved AR
allocation functionality - single point of entry for receipts, customer
deductions and CEA write offs), and bank transactions to update the BPCS
ledgers with a single transaction.  This central cash repository provides a
complete cash position that automatically reconciles transactions in the
Cashbook with bank statements and CEA.  This solution caters for Credit Card
and COD payment types also.

SAI's clients use Electronic Banking to transmit vendor payments and
customer direct debits to the bank via modem.  Clients can apply direct
debits to ACR in bulk and configure bank statements with a table-driven
mapping function for Cashbook processing.  Clients can use customer
remittance details on the bank statement to automatically apply cash to ACR.
SAI continuously maintains local and legal banking rules as part of their
commitment to global banking.

ACR Lockbox  The file received from their major wholesale customers will be
transferred to the SAI lockbox and will be processed and posted to SAI's
Cashbook. The data will be reconciled and applied to BPCS using algorithms
and tolerance rules. Matched data will be highlighted on reports; unmatched
data will also generate reports. When the data is finally agreed the data
will be posted automatically to ACR, Cashbook and the GL. The Cashbook
posting will create a journal with a single line amount and detailed
allocations attached to the journal line. This will allow for automatic bank
reconciliation between the journal and the BANK journal created by importing
the bank statement into Cashbook.

Vendor Relationship Management (VRM) optimises the purchase to pay process,
allowing for improved 2 and 3 way match incorporating self billing. The
solution provides automated payment of vendors via electronic banking there
by eliminating the BPCS payment process.

ExpensePro.com from SAI now optimises your Travel Expense Process.
ExpensePro.com automates the manual processes for the sales team of applying
for and receiving authorisation for expenses. What is significant about this
solution is that you are now automatically able to complete your expense
report while on the move. This is linked directly into the BPCS financials.

REDEO: An eProcurment Settlement Portal, for Net Market Makers.  This
product is idea for net markets that are trying to automate the procurement
cycle in industrial market segments such as Pharma, Chemical, food and
beverage and CPG.  This process reduces the costs of settlement while
creating new methods of settlement in multicurrency environments globally.

For further information lets take it offline.

Talk to you soon,

Stuart.

+---