What I've done is to stop the BPCS subsystem & other subsystems, stop the
host servers *ALL, & then ENDTCP - in that order.  Things behave when done
in the correct order.  It worked before going to V4R4M0 & it tells me that
IBM is changing the underlying code in TCP/IP between releases & in my case
it bite me.

This took care of the "ALL" the daemons in BPCS going out to lunch & pegging
the machine when I stopped TCP BEFORE doing anything else.  It works like it
should.

I also was able to fix a long standing problem with not getting the STRNWID
command to work on an IPL on a V4R2M0 machine.  It was an authority problem
& all I did was to give QPGMR *USE authority to the QSYGETPH and QWTSETP
objects.  This I got from ssanders on the SSA help line.  Thanks to ssanders
- don't know a first name but I sure do thank them for pointing me in the
right direction.

Got two problems fixed Saturday so it wasn't totally wasted spending the day
at work.  Of course we did month-end & year-end after setting the date back
to March 31 on Saturday.

Dennis

"One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be
done." -- Marie Curie
"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."  Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com <mailto:dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com>
(920) 361-2388