       This is happening to us as well.  It takes about 20-30 seconds
       to signon where as before it was only 3-4 seconds.  It seemed
       to start after we installed V4R4 and our Y2K bmrs.  I have not
       found any solution at this time.

       Tony Kleier
       Robbins Inc.
       akleier@robbinsfloor.com

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          <BPCS-L@midra|
|        |          nge.com> AT  |
|        |          INTERNET-MAIL|
|        |                       |
|        |          01/05/2000   |
|        |          10:29 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
         >-----------------------------------------------------------|
         |       To:     BPCS-L@midrange.com AT INTERNET-MAIL@ccMail |
         |       cc:     (bcc: Anthony C Kleier/ROBBINSINC)          |
         |       Subject:     Slow Performance with BPCS User Signon |
         |       after Y2K                                           |
         >-----------------------------------------------------------|

       We are experiencing a very unique problem.  Not sure wether it
       is related to Y2K or not.  I am aware of the access path for
       V4R2 for a user that needs to be created so that it doesn't
       take an hour for the user to signon however, since Y2K, it
       seems to take forever for a user to signon.  I have examined
       the sql trace and found the system is now building an index for
       the ZX3L01 and the ZXOL01.  It is taking our users approx 3 min
       to signon on a 720. Prior to Y2K it was almost instant.  When I
       examine the trace, it says that a permanent access path cannot
       be built and that *MAP ASCEND is the temporary access path that
       was built.   If anyone could please help, it would be
       appreciated....  Is this a Y2K issue, SQL optimizer bug?????/

       TIA

       Jeff
       +---
       BPCS-L@midrange.com.