  • Subject: Re: ECL Quantity ordered = Zero
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:42:55 EST

Al Macintyre AS/400 Mix Mode ver 405 CD

You might check the Order Type codes, since there are records in ECL that are
not your standard customer order logic.  If you do any re-supply orders,
where something is manufactured in one of your factories for consumption at
another, if you do any post-ship billing, if you have special line charges
like setup & tooling, or if you accept RMA returns through some kind of
billing adjustment, you can end up with zero in fields that you normally do
not associate with being zero.

Do you have scenarios in which a program is updating something, and the work
station involved gets locked up, so that the data ends up out-of-synch, in
neither a completed stage nor how it was if the update program had never
started?

When there is an error, how do you fix it?  Our sales personnel are using the
customer orders to drive a number of reports & they are impatient to have the
"schedule correct", so our process is something like this:

After shipping & billing, the next day when some people are looking at
reports, there is the realization that some data is not correct & needs to be
fixed,  According to the BPCS documentation, we can correct shipping
documents after billing, which leads to a corrected invoice, but we do not go
that route, we want an audit trail of our actions every place except in the
customer service office & computer department.

Customer service alters a customer order after it was shipped, to make the
order lines "correct" for subsequent promised shipments, as if the error had
never occurred.  Some of this activity is "legitimate" due to customers
changing open orders.  Then a day or so later, there are billing adjustments
to back out the error, and customer service again alters the order to be
"correct" in aggregate.

Some lines cannot be tinkered with via ORD500 after partial invoicing.

I see print-outs where someone has gone into the customer orders with DFU.
I tell customer service that this should ONLY be done when a session bombs &
the order is left "in use" and no one is trying to use it, but I am seeing a
whole lot more DFU access than can be explained by this scenario.

> Subj:  ECL Quantity ordered = Zero
>  From:    rlowcourt@hotmail.com (Roland Lowcourt)
>
>  AS400 Mixmode   ver 6.04
>
>  A customer has a lot of ECL entries with the following settings:
>
>  Status 00001
>  Record ID 'ZL'
>  Quantity ordered (LQORD)  =  Zero
>  Quantity shipped (LQSHP)  =  Zero
>  Quantity invoiced (LQTIN) =  Qty x
>
>  Does that mean
>  - nothing ordered
>  - nothing shipped
>  - but Qty x invoiced ?
>
>  Does anybody know which process creates such ECLs ?
>
>  Roland
+---