  • Subject: RE: Physical Inventory
  • From: "Lacelle, Marc" <LACELLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:04:04 -0500

Hi Ho Rick.

        If you have the room, create a duplicate environment. Depending on
how much data you have, a new environment should be about 1 to 1.5 Gigs.

        Your LIVE library structure should look like this (excluding SPM and
SMG).

1.      BPCSTCPIP       -       Client Server
2.      BPCSXXXUSR      -       Startup Library
3.      BPCSXXXUF       -       Custom Data Files
4.      BPCSXXXUO       -       Custom Objects
5.      BPCSPTF -       Cumm PTF's
6.      BPCSXXXF        -       Data File
7.      BPCSO           -       Base Objects

Once a month (probably month end) backup of the following libraries.
BPCSXXXUSR, BPCSXXXUF, BPCSXXXUO, BPCSXXXF).  I assume your backing up
BPCSXXXF and BPCSXXXUF daily, if not, please backup daily
Note XXX = Denotes environment name (Example, LIV would represent the LIVE
Environment BPCSLIVUSR, BPCSLIVUF, BPCSLIVUO, BPCSLIVF).
These XXX libraries are necessary for a unique environment. The TCPIP, PTF,O
libraries are common. You should (I hope) never but ever change these common
libraries. You can use these common libraries for every environment without
copying them, why would they change from environment to environment, they
are the same (INV500 is INV500 in any environment, Right!).

        Your duplicate environment (we will call it MONTH END or MOE) should
have a library structure like this.

1.      BPCSTCPIP       -       Client Server           -       Common
2.      BPCSMOEUSR      -       Startup                 -       New
3.      BPCSMOEUF       -       Custom Data Files       -       New
4.      BPCSMOEUO       -       Custom Objects          -       New
5.      BPCSPTF -       Cumm PTF's              -       Common
6.      BPCSMOEF        -       Data Files              -       New
7.      BPCSO           -       Base Objects            -       Common

Are you still interested at this point. Send me an E-Mail and I will
continue. I am rather busy and I do not want to spend to much time on this
E-Mail. Sorry.

        Marc Lacelle
        Royal Canadian Mint
        lacelle@rcmint.ca