  • Subject: Re: Clearing Old A/P Checks
  • From: Francois Charbon <cipe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:54:58 +0100

Hi Martha !

It seems to me that your idea to use ACP710 is correct.

When a payment is created, it can take the following status :
- ACTIVE : that is to indicate that the payment has been made but the
reconciliation not done with information from bank (bank statement);
- VOID : that is to indicate that the payment is cancelled (to use the program
ACP700 to do it; result :  the invoices linked to this payment are opened again
- from "CLOSE" to "OPEN").
- WASTED : That is for the management of checks printing during ACP650 (for
that checks which are not correctly printed and consequently that the user
wants to print again).
- RECONCILIED : That is to indicate that the payment has been reconciled, using
program ACP710, when you receive a bank statement.
- UNRECONCILIED : To cancel the previous operation (Use also ACP710).

These status can be displaid in the inquiry ACP320.

In the previous versions of BPCS (until V4.) the payments which were in status
"RECONCILIED" can only be purged. This operation was made at the time of the
monthly closing. Since the version V4.1 , there is an option which authorize to
bypass this control in the program ACP900 so that the purge is made for all
payments which are in a correct range of dates (and the invoices paid for that
payment). That means tfhat you can now make the purge even if the payments are
not in status "RECONCILIED" but, for example "ACTIVE". Consequently, you are
not required to use the program ACP710 to update the status of the payment to
do a purge.
At the opposite, if you use this program and do not use the bypass option, then
it seems to me that the purged payments, will have the status "RECONCILIED" and
then can be easily recognized (you can make a QUERY or use SQL on AMH).

There are 2 problems when you use ACP710 :
1) The program does not generate an entry in CEA. There is no accounting. Then,
if the payment updates an intermediate account (at the time of the payment made
by ACP650 or ACP700) you cannot create the next step (debit the intermediate
account and credit the bank account). This is one of the reason why many
companies use complementary products. But it seems also possible to use BTP to
generate correct accounting if you need.
2) This program is difficult to use and not really flexible and userfriend.

I hope this info. can help you.

Regards.

Francois.

Martha Bayer a écrit:

> We are 6.0.02 C/S plf MAR1998.  This question is aimed at any CEA users out
> there.
>
> We need to clear some A/P checks that are over a year old to satisfy our
> auditors.  I have suggested that Accounting just use Bank Statement Posting
> (ACP710).  They are afraid this will cause problems later because these
> records will look like all others, yet they never showed up on a bank
> statement, never actually cleared the bank.  I suggested they use a unique
> date, like a Sunday at the end of the year.
>
> Does any body have any other suggestions to make these records unique when
> clearing them from outstanding checks?
>
> "Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  Today is a gift." - Eleanor
> Roosevelt
> Martha Bayer
> Badger Mining Corporation
> 920-361-2388