  • Subject: Re: The end of the month
  • From: Francois Charbon <cipe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:15:38 +0200

This is a suggestion :

1. Daily batch procedure (if you do not use interactive processes)
1.1. INV920
1.2. BIL500
1.3. CDM
Comments : INV920 and BIL500 (BIL540) have an impact on CEA. It is suggested to
make daily controls.

2. Intermittently purges
2.1. CIMPATH
2.2. JIT900
2.3. ACP900
Comments :
JIT900 : can be run as far as you want. It sets up some files to 0 (fields used
in JIT300)
ACP900 : although this program is qualified of "Monthly closing", it does not
affect any monthly result. This program is to purge invoices and associated
payments of ACP.C

3. Weekly closing
CAP900
Comments : CAP900 closes the week for the planning established using CAP. It is
suggested to run it each week.

4. Monthly closing
4.1 Daily closing (INV920, BIL)
4.2 FOR
4.3. Closing of Mfg orders :
4.3.1. SFC900
4.3.2  CST900
4.3.2.1 CST510
4.3.2.2 CST910
4.3.2.3 CST900
4.3.3 PRF
4.4 PUR900
4.5 CDM900
4.6 ACR900
4.7 INV
4.8 MLT910 et MLT920
4.9 CEA
Comments :
=> The daily closing should be done before to start the monthly closing.
=> FOR900 : Purge and record of actual, forecast of the period and then roll to
the previous period. (refer to FOR100).
Suggestion : It seems necessary to complete the FOR900 with the followings (to
run AFTER FOR900) :
a) FOR910 : update of previous period (use ITH to update JFB)
b) FOR915 : AFTER FOR900 (use ECL to update JFB)
c) FOR920 : Update the period with the forecast. To be run AFTER FOR900
d) FOR930 : AFTER FOR910/915/920 (update JFC and JFI from JFB)
Note : FOR020 updateq also JFC et JFI but is not limited to the current period.
It updates also history and forecasts.
Closings of FOR are without links with other moduls. However, if you use SPM,
then FOR920 and FOR930 cannot be run
Also, be sure that the history form MPS, MRP and ORD are not purged before to
run FOR (otherwise the files will be empty).
=> SFC900 (closing of shop orders).
This program cannot be run if you use CST900.
=> CST900
The followings should be run :
a)CST510 : allocations (must be run BEFORE CST900).
b)CST910 : CEA.
c)CST900 : update CMF, closing of shop orders (and purge).
It is not necessary to run CST910 (if you do not generate accounting entries).
If you run it, it should be run AFTER CST510 (because the program uses FLT;
this file is updated with CST510) and BEFORE CST900.
In theory, you should run CST900 whenever you want. But if you use CST510
(allocations) the program should be run at the end of the period.
=> PRF
1)PRF900
2)SFC905
PRF900 : performance measurement. Must be run BEFORE SFC905 (save of labor
tickets in case closing by SFC900 is done).
=> PUR
Suggestion : Run PUR210, PUR220, PUR240 before PUR900.
PUR 900 purges all the requisitions completed of the period. Update totals of
period and year-to-date and the ZAP (totals are recorded in HVH).
When you run PUR900, take care of the option which closes the receipts lines
(Do not use it if you 3W-match)
=> CDM900 : updates ADP, DSO. Do not run CDM620 before CDM900. It is included
in the run.
=> ACR900
Must be done only 1 time per month.
=> INV
Suggestion :
It should be better if nobody works.
Should be done normally before inventory counting.
Before INV903 is run, it is necessary to run INV920 (daily closing)
=> MLT910 et MLT920 (Depending of your version).

Sorry for my bad english.

François CHARBON

Barlova a écrit:

> We have BPCS v.6.04. We would want to run the month closing in the night by
> command SBMJOB. At the month closing runs these programs:
> 1. INV920
> 2. ACR900
> 3. INV903
> 4. PUR900
> 5. ACP900
> We know to start the first program "INV920" but we don´t know to start next
> programs because we don´t have source programs. So we don´t know which
> parameters we have to pass to these next programs. All programs could run
> in the BATCH. If someone has experiences with the month closing, send us
> your advices. Thanks.
>
> +---
> | This is the BPCS Users Mailing List!
> | To submit a new message, send your mail to BPCS-L@midrange.com.