  • Subject: Re: User transactions tracking in BPCS v4
  • From: andrew_murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Andrew Murphy)
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:40:36 +0100

Zahouani,

You may want to consider ACS (Audit Control System) from SSA. We have been
using it
for several years and although it is not the most friendly of tools it does
produce
what you are looking for.

It operates off of journals and in doing so has the disadvantage in that the
files
you wish to audit must be journalled (both before and after images) which
impacts
both disk space and performance. It does however tell you who changed, deleted
or
created a particular record within a file, when they did it, which program they
used
and what fields they changed within it

We do use ACS occasionally for audit purposes but find that we use it more for
problem determination and analysis.

And before anyone asks - yes it is (according to SSA) Y2K compliant!!

Hope this helps.

Andrew Murphy
Teleplan
Havant UK.