  • Subject: BPCS Exception Reports >>> MRP & Shop Order FSO_SRSDT 405 CD
  • From: "Milt Habeck" <mhabeck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:46:43 -0500

If an enterprise has a large item master file ( say greater than several thousand records ), then it is all too frequently true that the BPCS MRP exception report is not even run on a regular basis .... it can generate many inches of paper. And, if generated, it is the rare planner or purchasing analyst that has time to look at all of those pages in a single work-week.

There are two fundamental reasons for the large paper volume.

First, only one exception message is printed per page ... a criminal waste of paper.

Second, the exception report includes even very minor, inconsequential changes that are likely to be reported in reverse direction the following week as the mathematics of the MRP system move orders back and forth across a day boundary.

The following web page describes an affordable Bell & Whistle (tm)  bolt-on for BPCS which solves this problem. It is called the PaperSaver Exception Report (tm).

PaperSaver is an expert system which goes well beyond the functionality of editing the spool file generated by the standard BPCS MRP exception report. A free demo is available. It works for all versions of BPCS, including date-field expanded repairs of pre-version 4.05CD.

Warm regards,

Milt Habeck
Managing Partner
Unbeaten Path International

Toll free North America:  (888) 874-8008
Voice line:  (414) 681-3151
FAX line:  (414) 681-3525

web home page:  www.unbeatenpathintl.com