> from Clare.  (Immense thanks Clare, greatly appreciated.Frank) (and Al)
>  <quote>
>       From:          Clare.Holtham@ssa.co.uk
>  QPFRDATA or whatever. You will get a new member in that file each time you
>  run it, so will need to change your query to access the latest member each
>  time you run it. This isn't so easy to do with SQL by the way!

>  Just one more caveat: you MUST get the PTF from IBM that stops the
>  DBMonitor crashing your BPCS jobs before you run it - it is SF51242 for
>  V4R2 and SF53723 for V4R3, and is too big to download.
>  Hope this helps,
>  Clare
>  <end quote>

          { Al Macintyre }
We have not yet been doing DBMON but is on Al to-do mountain.

Klutz me tried to "order" it via SNDPTFORD & it started loading something
which took 1 1/2 hours to get done over our ECS line which is ordinary ma
bell direct dial up line (not thru PBX) which could be anything between 300 &
1200 baud in our neck of the telecommunication woods.  Log says we got (for
V4R3M0) PTFs copied in this sequence: SF 53723 53227 52774 52773 52772 52775
51580 52226 52970 53073 51734 51733 51731 51688

I did not try to apply or read contents or anything - I was just grateful it
got done without any bad messages, and had infintesimal impact on disk space.

By comparison when I ordered Net Change info related to the move from V7R3 to
V4R3, the data arrived a whole lot faster than this - of course it took me
longer to read & digest it.

Murphy's law was alive & well last nite - normally I do backup before CST900
& I had no idea how long this IBM sucker was going to take & I had just been
bragging to you guys about how we almost never have to restore from backup,
so I started CST900 purge all shop orders all facilities, while waiting on
it, planning to run backup when the both of them got done ---- 5 minutes
later this IBM sucker finished.

Al
+---