  • Subject: ** BPCS System/36 4.4B to AS400 BPCS 6.1Mixed Mode **
  • From: Forwiw@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:32:32 EDT

After talking to SSA help line, they were sure such a conversion doesn't
exist.  But I looked again at the tapes that were labeled (from SSA)and there
is a tape for S/36 conversion to BPCS 2.0.9.  Then apply the ptf.
Go through several more tapes, then finally a cd conversion to BPCS
6.1.00 GA

Once I started reading the instructions, its looks like I have to actually
install BPCS Ver 2.0.9. environment? I don't have the AS400 experience needed
to feel comfortable, but there is help at our other plants that do.  But they
have enough to do.

We are running our BPCS 4.4B version as a guest of the AS400.

There is an option for full conversion or one for
single file conversion.  I would like to only convert the customer master file
and maybe a few others.  I have no idea how long this will take, or how this
will
turn out.

I am not sure if I have to save files (from the S/36 environment) and restore
the S/36 files to the AS400 first or if the conversion tape will take them
from the S/36 environment to the AS400.
I read something about a Q??? S/36 file library.  It does exist on our system.

I have won this position after a couple of managers have jumped ship.  It's
only me.

Thanks to all who have responded.

Sandy

But how will they be externally defined?
+---