  • Subject: Re: BPCS CD documentation & Y2K
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 23:41:06 EDT

>From Al Macintyre

SSA Help Line just sent out a Y2K Alert reminding us of some stuff apparently
some customers may have forgotten.

The following BPCS versions are declared by SSA to be Y2K-compliant:
BPCS CD (Century Dated)
BPCS CDE (Century Dated and Euro-Enabled)
SSA's latest eBPCS product
All BPCS versions beginning with the number 6 including v6 v6.0.02 and v6.0.04

SSA customers on other versions of BPCS will not be getting any Y2K patches
from SSA.  SSA reccommends that such customers either convert to one of the
above options, or get help from one of a variety of SSA Professional
Partners, some of which are alluded to in their Y2K alert.

Now the fact that SSA says certain versions are Y2K does not neccessarily
mean that you are Y2K compliant if you are running on one of them.  There are
patches to fix bugs & some bugs are Y2K related & some fixes need us to be on
SSA's latest cum PTF of that version.

There is relevant stuff on OSG & SSA's e-newsletter

>  From:        jonleroi@napanet.net (Jon Le Roi)

>  Also, has anyone in the pharmaceutical industry validated BPCS CD? I know
>  last year SSA was offering various Test cases for v6.xx but I have not
>  heard anything regarding the CD product.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Jon
+---