  • Subject: Re: BMR Bundle
  • From: Ata510@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:58:43 EDT

In a message dated 5/4/99 11:41:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
M_YOUNG@email.msn.com writes:

>  Has anyone applied the BMR Bundle for V6.004? We are looking into the
>  possibility of loading it but wanted to know if anyone had any "good" or
>  "bad" experiences with it. We understand that it solves some of the
>  performance problems as well as fixes for many identified problems since
the
>  April 98 Cumm.

The important thing to know about the BMR bundle is that it contains all
program fixes from April Cume 1998 until September 30 1998. It is not an
official cumulative - that is, it was not put through testing and was built
actually by the SSA Australia Helpline. So, if you have recieved any BMRs
AFTER September 30 1998, you need to Re-apply them after the BMR Bundle is
applied so that you don't end up with code older than what you previously had
for those programs. It is recommended for new or recent 6.0.04 installations,
who do not have many BMRs applied. If you already have recieved numerous
BMRs, you probably have in effect already recieved most of what is in this.
It may fill in a couple of 'blanks' in the code trees you get with BMR
explosions when it pulls program dependencies.

One other advantage to applying it, is when you do order new BMRs, you can
tell them you are on the BMR Bundle, and the BMRs that get built by the
packaging program are smaller because they only pull code dependencies from
October 1 1998- now.

Or, you could wait until this fall, when a new 6.0.04 cumulative release is
definitely going to be put out. No firm date yet. That cume will contain code
changes from base 6.0.04- about May/June 1999.

+---