  • Subject: RE: Shop Order Close
  • From: "Lacelle, Marc" <LACELLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:45:21 -0400

Our manufacturing group had that problem a few years ago. We were told not
to run CST900 since we were using the costing features. They would however
close the shop orders once a year (manually). This was very time consuming.
We had about 2000-3000 shop orders to close.

        My suggestion to you to save a lot of time. Backup the following
files to tape. (FMA, FOD, FSO). These are your shop order files. Keep the
tape for shop order history (we have never restored the tape). Once these
three files have been backed up run the following SQL statements.

DELETE FROM XXX/FMA WHERE MORD BETWEEN #### AND ####
DELETE FROM XXX/FOD WHERE OORD BETWEEN #### AND ####
DELETE FROM XXX/FSO WHERE SORD BETWEEN #### AND ####

XXX = The library name where FMA,FOD,FSO reside.
#### = The shop order number range you wish to remove from your data files

We keep about 500 days of data on our database. Every January we remove any
shop order that is more than 2 years old.

        Good Luck and keep on BPCS'ing

        Marc Lacelle
        Royal Canadian Mint

+---