Martha -

Here is what I re-call.  You are correct, there isn't anyone at SSA help desk
that is very good with fixed assets.  Mike Sheehan, when he was there, was
about the only one that could field these questions.  Hope this helps.  Some
aren't show stoppers, but some may be especially if your fiscal year is not a
calendar year.

1. FXA110.  BMR 37988.  Action code 6 not working.
2. SYS180.  Need to change program to FXA520D to be able to add default reason
codes.
3. FXA160.  BMR 38554.  F12 from FXA162D-03 takes you to retirement.  Also from
Financial Book Maint., using F20 you are only allowed 1 transaction display.
More than 1 not allowed without exiting first.
4. FXA900.  BMR 38167.  Audit report blank.  QBO is properly storing quarterly
amounts but FXA170 does not display amounts.  Report is supposed to tell you if
you need to run mid-quarter convention and it does not.
5. FXA520.  BMR 41068.  Partial cost basis transfer does not work with
depreciation type 3.
6. FXA160.  BMR33768.  When deleting asset GJW records are missing period,
reason code, and date.
7. FXA160.  BMR 36125.  Adds action codes for book selection and retirement
processing.
8. FXA170/FXA175.  BMR 38552.  When fiscal year is not calendar year shows
wrong quarter.
9. FXA520.  BMR 38551.  When fiscal year different from calendar year transfer
journal in GJW is in the wrong period.
10. FXA920.  BMR 38408.  Looping.
11. FXA210.  BMR 38555.  Install and retirement date do not show.
12. FXA215/240/250/260.  BMR 38555.  Install date not on report.
13. FXA205.  BMR 37418.  "Break Character" displays instead of "Depreciable
Basis"
14. BMR 37424.  Cannot create year 00.
15. FXA520.  BMR 34566.  Incorrect entry for depreciation type 3.
16. FXA160.  BMR 37999.  F12 proceeds past user defined fields instead of back
one screen.  This incorrectly allows the user to not enter mandatory user
defined fields.
17. FXA520.  BMR 38736.  Transfer from blank component to numerical component
creates 1 correct QAT and multiple numerical to numerical component QAT
records.  You will get thousands before you realize you need to kill the
program.
18. FXA165.  BMR 38634.  Literal error.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Consulting Services