  • Subject: Pgm: User Profile copy program
  • From: Bill Robins <brobins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:18:21 +0000

Here is a program to copy one user id to another. If you can't figure out the
screen specs, notify me privately and I will send them to you.

Bill
F*****************************************************************
F*
F*   PROGRAM ID   - SYS60A
F*   PROGRAM NAME - Duplicate a User Profile
F*
F*   BMR     Date  Description
F*  ----  -------  -----------------------------------------------
F*  JB    11Jul97  New
F*
F*
F*****************************************************************
F*                 FUNCTION OF INDICATORS
F*
F*       91      END OF FILE ON READ, CHAIN OPERATIONS              /
F*****************************************************************
F*
FZSCL01  UF  E           K        DISK                      A
FSYS60AFMCF  E                    WORKSTN
I*
I              'The User Profile you-C         MSG1
I              ' wish to copy is not-
I              ' in the security fil-
I              'e.'
 *
I              'The User Profile can-C         MSG2
I              'not be copied.'
 *
I              'The User Profile was-C         MSG3
I              ' successfully create-
I              'd.'
C*
 *
C           *IN03     DOUEQ*ON
C                     WRITESYS60A02
C                     EXFMTSYS60A01
C                     CLEARMSG
 *
C           *IN03     IFEQ *ON
C                     LEAVE
C                     ENDIF
 *
C           TOUSRP    CHAINIPZ600SC             93
 *
 * If User Profile to be created already exists and overwrite
 *   flag not equal 'Y', error.
 *
C           *IN93     IFEQ *OFF
C           OVRF      ANDNE'Y'
C                     MOVELMSG2      MSG
C                     ITER
C                     ENDIF
 *
 * If User Profile to be copied not found, error.
 *
C           FRUSRP    CHAINIPZ600SC             91
C           *IN91     IFEQ *ON
C                     MOVELMSG1      MSG
C                     ITER
C                     ENDIF
 *
 * If to User Profile to be overwritten, delete it.
 *
C           *IN93     IFEQ *OFF
C           TOUSRP    CHAINIPZ600SC             93
C                     DELETIPZ600SC
C                     ENDIF
 *
 * Create User Profile
 *
C           FRUSRP    CHAINIPZ600SC             91
C                     MOVE TOUSRP    ZPRF
C                     WRITEIPZ600SC
C                     MOVELMSG3      MSG
C                     ITER
 *
C                     ENDDO
C                     MOVE *ON       *INLR
****************** End of data ********************************
MacWheel99@aol.com wrote:

> [...]
> normal operations & who does what when someone is sick or on vacation?
>
> I often find myself torn between the roles of making Corporate Security
> decisions that I do not believe are IT responsibility, or trying to fob the
> Security Management responsibility off on an upper management that will
> understand WHAT we want in terms of inter-departmental responsibilities but
> that is not going to be able to cope without heavy help from IT because
> Documentation on Security is often hidden & obscure for security reasons.
>
> Security Persons, in my opinion, need to have some IT understanding of
> security from both the BPCS structural perspective and relative to
> configuration issues of the individual platforms that your software is running
> on.  Interaction between platforms can become very complex, and some risks
> vary greatly by type of platform --- hackers & phreakers & viruses are unheard
> of outside of the PC world, while I have only encountered pirate stations with
> multi-platform pass-thru emulations.  As we move into platforms that are new
> to us, there may be security pitfalls well known to regular users there, but
> unknown to the newcomers.
>
> IBM AS/400 comes with great manuals on Security, but some are clear as mud
> until you take an IBM class on Security, such as S-6019 Backup & Security
>
> I cannot reccommend too highly IBM's manual = Tips & Tools for securing your
> AS/400 SC41-3300  It has sections on types of environments: interactive; pass-
> thru; internet; simple PC access --- various types of concerns are defined
> (suspicious programs, types of mischef, carelessness), you are told what your
> company can do about it, and some trade-offs.
>
> BPCS also comes with documentation, some of which is on Security, but it is
> poorly cross-indexed in that we might be looking at SOME information & need
> more, but not know if there is any more & where to find it in the tons of BPCS
> documentation.
>
> If you have not previously, or recently, looked at SSA's documentation on
> Security, I suggest you start with the vanilla short-cut DOC (you need SYS
> access, or your application security setup specific to support your access to
> DOC & a handful of related DOC options) and first look at 100% of what is
> there (access via defaults) then it might be smart to print out SSARUN92
> (System Functions in general) SSALOG00 (internal structure) and construct your
> own Security document since the data that is relevant to managing Security is
> kind of scattered throughout many different places.
>
> Your security might not let you get into this through the front door, but
> there are several back doors for anyone with command line authority.  As you
> gain an understanding of front & back doors by application, you need to ask
> what is common knowlege, what is secured by the hope that most people are
> ignorant of that, and is your security appropriate for both sets of doors.

+---