  • Subject: Re: Tips - Security
  • From: pgreenfi@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:28:38 -0600

Not quite right !!

The user also has access via the Command Entry Line from within BPCS.
(F21).  To ensure the user has no access to OS/400 commands change the user
profile to Limit the Users capability. (LMTCPB)

If there are some commands which the user should be able to access, then
they can be changed to allow LMTCPB users.

MacWheel99@aol.com on 02/25/99 01:12:03 AM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com

cc:    (bcc: Peter Greenfield/SSA/US)
Subject:  Tips - Security

OS/400 initial program = BPCSMENU
OS/400 initial menu = *SIGNOFF

When you set up a user profile this way, what happens is that the user
signs
on & their initial program runs first, which is BPCS, then if the user
accidentally F3 out of BPCS, they get their inital menu, which is sign off
the
AS/400.  Thus, the only path to OS/400 stuff is via command line authority.
Some MIS functions may need some other arrangements.

Al
+---