Dennis Munro wrote
>  What other 3rd party maintenance packages BPCS users are using
>  What level of integration back to BPCS have you accomplished

I hope I am correctly understanding the scope of this question & answering
sufficiently concisely

We're a green screen shop on BPCS 405 CD using SSA software support but
interested in what 3rd party add-ons exist, since we are unhappy with some of
BPCS & wonder how many of our planned modifications have already been done by
someone else.

Many outfits advertise Y2K conversion and various add-ons but
www.nexgeninfo.com 630-778-2500 seems to have the most comprehensive offering
- apparently they support ANY modified or unmodified version of BPCS/400
including Y2K conversion.

We use www.crowechizek.com 800-599-2302 for BPCS challenges that SSA support
can't resolve, and are well pleased with their responsiveness.

Example: They implemented a modification, to our specifications, to support
our factory maintenance - machine, mold & applicator tooling usage is captured
via labor reporting, telling us which equipment needs servicing.

We receive both the NexGen and Crowe newsletters of BPCS tips - are there any
other such publications available?

We are using IBM hardware support for all but PCs & some 3rd party green
screens.  We looked into several 3rd party maintenance outfits but none
service ALL of our sites.  IBM does give us SOME multi-vendor support, and
helps with non-IBM problems like gremlins in our twinax, while our local IBM
affilliate www.ksainc.com helps with midrange issues like pass-thru & OS PTFs.

Hoping this has been helpful

Al Macintyre = MacWheel99@aol.com
Central Industries of Indiana Inc.