                From:   Dennis Munro [mailto:DMunro@badgerminingcorp.com]
                Sent:   Thursday, January 28, 1999 1:27 PM
                To:     'BPCS Users'
                Subject:        Additional reports

                We are running 6.0.02, C/S, plf., & March'98 cum tape and
have been live
                since August 1, 1998.

                What I am wondering is what other BPCS support staff is
doing for the
                reports that their users have requested.  Do you have a 3rd
party product
                that lets the users do their own thing.  Letting the users
do their own
                thing sure helps an understaffed IS team but that will
probably cause me
                more work and headaches and wasted system resources in the
long run.

                UserVision is slow and will not be further enhanced.  SSA
will not give a
                date or statement of general direction on its replacement
product.
                Queries work to a point but are a system resource hog and
not really user
                friendly.
                Tried to convert some of the User Vision reports to Access
'97 but that
                definitely is not user friendly for most users.
                We have some Visual Basic experience on staff and I have VB5
Professional on
                my machine.
                I have also "played" some with ASNA's Visual RPG product and
have the latest
                version installed.
                I have also talked to the mrc (michaels,ross, & cole) people
about their
                Productivity Series.  It just violates the requirement that
I not spend any
                more money.

                We have some alternatives but the problem is it all needed
to be done months
                ago and here we are trying to recommend a course of action.

                Again, our IS team is trying to make a recommendation as to
what direction
                we feel the company should take and of course, do not spend
any more money.
                <VBG>

                I am looking for some ideas of what other users are doing
and what are the
                pluses and minuses of your approach.

                Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:
                "I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound
they make as they
                go flying by."

                Dennis Munro
                Badger Mining Corporation