We are running 6.0.02, C/S, plf., & March'98 cum tape and have been live
since August 1, 1998.

What I am wondering is what other BPCS support staff is doing for the
reports that their users have requested.  Do you have a 3rd party product
that lets the users do their own thing.  Letting the users do their own
thing sure helps an understaffed IS team but that will probably cause me
more work and headaches and wasted system resources in the long run.

UserVision is slow and will not be further enhanced.  SSA will not give a
date or statement of general direction on its replacement product.
Queries work to a point but are a system resource hog and not really user
friendly.
Tried to convert some of the User Vision reports to Access '97 but that
definitely is not user friendly for most users.
We have some Visual Basic experience on staff and I have VB5 Professional on
my machine.
I have also "played" some with ASNA's Visual RPG product and have the latest
version installed.
I have also talked to the mrc (michaels,ross, & cole) people about their
Productivity Series.  It just violates the requirement that I not spend any
more money.

We have some alternatives but the problem is it all needed to be done months
ago and here we are trying to recommend a course of action.

Again, our IS team is trying to make a recommendation as to what direction
we feel the company should take and of course, do not spend any more money.
<VBG>

I am looking for some ideas of what other users are doing and what are the
pluses and minuses of your approach.

Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:
"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com <mailto:dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com>