I'm currently using BPCS mixed mode version 6.002 march98 cum, I have an
item configured as a kit, item type 4 and created a planning bill using
BOM600. Normally when an order is entered into com order entry (GUI) for
the kit parent  (KIT01) the system explodes to the child items (item # xxx
and xxy ) and add children items to the order. When you pick confirm the
order you confirm the parent and the children items automaticly get
allocated. But, sometimes when you enter the kit parent it does not explode
to the children item. I know if you have the parent item in stock it will
use parent and not explode to the children items. But, there isn't any
parents in stock and the kit does not explode. Any Ideas?

+---