  • Subject: Inter/Intra sales using 4.05
  • From: Beanmstr@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:31:24 EST

We are running BPCS 4.05.  The DRP module uses the "XA" transaction which
accounts for the transaction as a 3rd party sale.  Are problems is as follows:

Assume two plants (facilities) in the same division which are in different
states each having it's own G/L inventory account.  In order to physically
ship material between the two.  Facility 1 uses an "XA" transaction to create
the bill of lading and ship the product to facility 2.  The "XA" transaction
creates  a credit entry to the G/L finished goods inventory account with a
debit to CGS.  To correct the accounting, we use a "query" to identify these
transactions by ideniting all order types = 9 activity and we write a journal
entry to re-class the change from COS to in-transit inventory.
Plant 2 recieves the material using an "H" transaction creating a credit to
the in-transit account on the G/L and a debit to the inventory account.

How do you account for the sales as inter/intra company sales.  Without having
to go through all of the querrying and create bill of ladings.
+---