  • Subject: Re: A V6 Success Story! (Sorta')
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 02:03:21 EDT

Chuck,

> Congratulations Dean !

Thanks!

>  NOW you can take a DEEP BREATH, eh ?

For about two seconds before we start upgrading the next plant (with few mods
but lots of CEA stuff) and integrating a third into the "heavily modified"
version!  I just noticed that I never mentioned the "sorta'" in the above --
absolutely _NO_ C/S apps other than those we wrote in-house.  The plant that
is lightly modified, but has a lot of financials, is already experiencing
performance problems under 5.1.01 that the heavily modified plant is not due
to their more extensive use of the planning system, and deeper bills and
routings.  The plant is also new to PC's (which are already undersized for
CEA) with the 5.1.01 BPCS we implemented last Fall, so hopes are not high.
The new integration job already has 580+ man-hours assigned, and will probably
exceed our wildest expectations.  I'd take a deep breath, but I'd probably gag
;-)!

>  It's nice to hear this, ESPECIALLY from someone I know and TRUST !!!!!
>
>  Not of course that SSA would mislead or anything ;-)

Hey, "Zap, Boom, Whoosh" and other Batman noises!  Drops right in (after 10
months of work with people that already know AS/Set and our mods)!

Regards ;-)!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof, as fools are so ingenious..." --
Anonymous
+---