  • Subject: Cost (Another Bounce)
  • From: DAsmussen <DAsmussen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 19:05:18 EDT

In a message dated 98-04-16 10:11:10 EDT, owner-bpcs-l@midrange.com writes:

<< From: "Lu Festas" <ylufe@hotmail.com>
 To: BPCS-L@midrange.com
 Subject: Help!!! with Cost Accounting
 Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 05:46:48 PDT

 Hi folks,
    I need help - some information about the following:

    I have a serious problem with Cost Accounting. My client needs to use
 FIFO costing, which CST doesn't do. CST only uses Average Cost and  Last
 Cost method, but there's no way I can convince them to use one of these.
 What I mean by FIFO costing is something as follows:

    Imagine we have a product "A" with zero quantity and value.

    I buy 100 of "A", and I pay $500, $5 per each   (16/04),
    I buy 100 of "A", and I pay $550, $5.5 per each (17/04),
    I buy 60  of "A", and I pay $490, $4.9 per each (20/04).

    Now (21/04) I need to use "A" in a shop order. I'll use 120 of "A".
 The cost of this must be: 100 x 5 + 20 x 5.5, respectively the first lot
 (16/04) and 20 from the second lot (17/04).
    If I need to use more 90 of "A" after, it will cost as follows:
 80 X 5.5 + 10 x 4.9 (respectively the rest of the second lot and 10 from
 the third lot).

    We are currently on AS/400 - 6.0.02 Mixed Mode PLF (prototyping) and
 we will probably change to 6.0.04 Mixed Mode before going live.

    I would appreciate any help or suggestion. I would prefer not to
 change CST (customization) but find a product which did the same as CST
 (or more), plus FIFO costing, and preferably one which could connect to
 BPCS.