Hi,

Ibm i on power8 V7R2 WAS 8.5 Java7 RBD 9.5.0.3

I'm somewhat inexperienced with hosting web services - I have one
hosted on our old box (V5R3/Was6/Java5)which was done a long time
ago. I'm trying to re-write it leaving behind the old jaxb compiled
schema approach to use bean annotations. I'm making pretty good
headway, but when I deploy a test version to the server, I can't
seem to put together a url that gives me access to it. :(

I have a java program with which I can successfully test the web
service existing on the old box
("http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/WebServiceName";). but when I point it to
the new box, or the built-in Was Server in Eclipse/RBD
("http://localhost:9080/WebServiceName";), I just get 'Not Found' or
'Connection refused: connect', when I should get an error about the
validity of my input which conforms but has invalid values. In
Eclipse/RBD I can never get the service to break anywhere in debug and
on the i I never get any activity. I'm running the Liberty Server in
RBD :

Launching defaultServer (WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5.6/wlp-1.0.9.cl50620150610-1749) on IBM J9 VM, version pwa6470sr8fp10ifx-20150313_01 (SR8 FP10+IV70681) (en_US)
[AUDIT ] CWWKE0001I: The server defaultServer has been launched.
[AUDIT ] CWWKZ0058I: Monitoring dropins for applications.
[AUDIT ] CWWKT0016I: Web application available (default_host): http://localhost:9080/WebServiceName/
[AUDIT ] CWWKZ0001I: Application AuctionPipelineBidWs started in 0.375 seconds.
[AUDIT ] CWWKF0012I: The server installed the following features: [localConnector-1.0, json-1.0, servlet-3.1, jaxrsClient-2.0, javaMail-1.5, jaxb-2.2].
[AUDIT ] CWWKF0011I: The server defaultServer is ready to run a smarter planet.

I send input to the above mentioned URL and get Connection refused or Not Found depending on the URL
changes I try. The above gives me the Not Found.
This same Java program when pointed to the old service URL gets the expected response.

Is there a setup file of some sort which I am ignoring?

I've read Modern Web Development with IBM Websphere (2014) and what
tutorials I've been able to find but it seems to me that the topic
of actually accessing a deployed web service through a URL, and the
mechanism which is used to do so, that is, what names have to agree
and where, is either missing or just over my poor tired overworked
head.

I have experimented with various annotations such as @PATH, @POST,
@Consumes and @Produces but I'm a little unsure as to what part of
the class should have what annotation and which parts of them should
match up with the web Service name.

I haven't had a lot of luck finding things on the web that seem
pertinent. I'm not sure what information to provide to further
define my problem. I can probably just continue to peck and pound at
it and eventually figure it out but it would sure be nice if someone
could point me somewhere.

Thanks!