Its not clear to me as to what & how. Would it be helpful to define the text area as fixed font? Then:
<textarea rows="5" cols="50">
might work for you?

It looks like you may be wanting to use some variation of:

var strWholeText = "Your 250 char text...........";
var Line1 = strWholeText.substring(1, 50);
var Line2 = strWholeText.substring(51,100);
... to Line5
var strTextArea = Line1 + '<br> + Line2 + '<br>' ...

Word wrapping could be a problem.