I guess what I mean is if it is in a callback then the very next line of
code gets executed instantly, so in that respect you would not notice it.

Thinking [coding] out loud...

func1(p1, function(){
//100% javascript, no C, LONG running code
})

func2(p1, function(){
//100% javascript, no C, SHORT running code
})

As I understand it... It's entirely possible the callback for func1 would
be placed into the callback queue and executed before func2's callback
because it didn't actually need to call out to C.

I am not disagreeing with your assertion and instead saying "whoever gets
there first" is how it works in the end. The manual way to guarantee
sequential execution is to refactor the above to be as follows:

func1(p1, function(){
//100% javascript, no C, LONG running code
func2(p1, function(){
//100% javascript, no C, SHORT running code
})
})

I say "manual" because there are many npm projects aiming to make this
simpler so "call back hell" doesn't so readily happen. Search for "nodejs
sequential" to see the various ways of solving this.

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Kevin Turner <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>