From: Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9/27/2012 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] phpMyAdmin - error 2002 - Server not responding
IIRC MySQL connects on port 3306. Is there a MySQL listener running?
(netstat to find out). If not it sounds like the deamon is not running
correctly.

If it is try the /pathtoyourinstance/MySQLadmin -u root password
'new-password' to reset the root password.

You might want to try to use: /pathtoyourserverinstance/MySQLd_safe &
to start the MySQL deamon in safe mode

(all commands issued inside QSH)

I think the time to update to the DBi is a good idea anyway since is is
the version that will get support if you have a contract with Zend/IBM.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects