The server can become overwhelmed by the garbage collection and all but become unresponsive. Check and see how often garbage collection is running. If it is more than several times an hour than you may need to increase the size of the heap. 262144 seems really small to me for any server with applications actually running.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects