Thanks Scott - In my case the only thing that will happen on the IIS side is to show a "Thank you page" The user is not going to get anything shipped or purchased. The iSeries side puts the request in the database and issues a notification to the office that needs to process the request and actually charge the card and "ship" the sale. Someone faking a "Thank you" page is not a big concern.

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:55 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] How would I do a paypal type redirect using RPG CGI?

The easiest way would be for the RPG to output something like this:

Location: http://youriisserver.com/whatever?amount=1234.56&valid=1

That would cause the browser to redirect to the new URI, and pass the
parameters to it. Easy enough. But, I'd be concerned about security.
The user could just as easily key this data into the browser's URI and
bypass your credit card check.

A better solution is to have some separate (probably non-HTTP)
communication between the i and the Windows server. Something that
would be impossible for an outsider to fake. Perhaps use the Location:
keyword to redirect and run a program/script on the IIS server. Have
that program connect back to the i using an SSL connection protected by
certificates, pass the customer info and verify that the transaction was
successful.