<Kelly>
Of course, the price we pay for a wide range of choices is bewilderment in
the face of those very same choices. So many choices can even cause a "deer
in the headlights" effect. You know you need to get moving, but you can't
decide on a direction, so you just stand there. Getting managers to pick a
technology and go with it is one of the biggest obstacles my shop faces in
IBM i modernization.
</Kelly>

Well put! I would add to that the decision usually ends up being a
popularity contest - literally. If somebody has read more "cool" stuff
about .NET that week, well then .NET is the approach. Not saying all shops
are like this, but I have seen it happen this year (so I guess I have seen
it once :-) Which makes me wonder how much more it has happened)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/