We run a custom order entry system using a DB2 database on an iSeries
(V5R4). We also run PeopleSoft Receivables on a Microsoft SQL Server
database. I want to write PHP scripts that can display data from both
the DB2 database and the SQL Server database.

I'm running the Zend Core on the iSeries. I can easily access DB2 data
on the iSeries using the PHP Toolkit. No problem there.

But how do I connect to a remote SQL Server database from a PHP script
running in the Zend Core on an iSeries? Most of the online tips I have
seen talk about setting up a DNS to the SQL Server database. Can I set
up DNS for a SQL Server database on an iSeries (V5R4)? If so, where can
I find the instructions for doing so?

Thanks,

Kelly Cookson

Senior Programmer\Analyst