Thanks, Mike.

I'm trying to use Method 1 (mapping a drive).

In the Remote Systems tab of Zend Studio for Eclipse (v6.1), I clicked the
'Define a connection to remote system' button. In the 'Select Remote System
Type' window I selected FTP Only and clicked the Next button. The Parent
Profile was my iSeries user profile name and I filled out the IP address of
my iSeries as my Host name and Connection name and clicked the Next button.
It then presented a window of ftp.files settings, which I left as is, and
clicked the Finish button.
My iSeries appeared under the Remote tab, with a Files entry below it. I
clicked on the 'plus' under the Files and it expanded to My Home and Root
entries. Clicking on the Root entry presented a pending entry and a
password entry window. I filled in the password and clicked OK. After a
few moments I received an error dialog box saying 'Operation failed.
Security violation. The available Details button shows a message that 'Log
on attempt by user TOM GARVEY rejected.'

I seem to remember somewhere that I'm supposed to make sure that the user
has authority to the www/zendcore/htdocs folder of the IFS, but it says it's
rejecting me altogether.

What might be wrong?

As for Method 2, I'm very reluctant to change any FTP settings on my iSeries
because other developers us it regularly for other file transfers.

Thanks for your advice.

Tom Garvey