From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Nathan Andelin
Sent: 28 June 2008 21:41
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Data validation, mapping, and error handling

Bradley V. Stone wrote:
Looks good. Although I was able to enter a date in the past. :)

Yes. That's because the wtnRecGet() procedure only validates against
DDS specifications (or equivalent SQL). And as far as I know, there's
no way to specify a date range in file field descriptions.

But that's inline with the three validation stages that we discussed
earlier in this thread.

1. before a form is submitted to the server (browser level validation).
2. before a field is mapped to a data structure.
3. before a record is written to the database.

The wtnRecGet() procedure automatically takes care of stage 2 validation
& mapping. You could add RPG logic for stage 3 date range validation.

Nathan.