I haven't read it, but it is standard practice to not reveal a security flas
until a while after a patch comes out to give people time to patch it. I
haven't really seen anyone make a stink about it in the blogosphere.

Many of the members of the "open source community" aren't as professional as
some companies would like them to be. Heck I know one company where one the
of head people smokes and it isn't tobacco and I am sure there are others in
that company as well.

As far as RoR. It is a business decision on what language you use. Like I
have heard MANY times before on this same list, use the right language for
the job. Most web applications that I know of that are using RoR aren't
"mission critical" to the point of people die if it fails. They are mostly
your "Web 2.0" sites using AJAX and who knows what all else.

On 8/17/06, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: albartell
>
>  >Before actually beatifying the language you might want to take the
time
> read about the security flaw of August 6th, and how the Ruby clique
> handled
> it.
>
> Interesting to say the least. Good they came clean, but it wasn't a
> shining
> moment for RoR for sure.

Did you read it???  The point is that they HAVEN'T come clean.  They
haven't
yet explained what the security hole is.

> >This will also introduce you to the inventor of Ruby, the infamous
"DHH"
> (an
> example: http://tinyurl.com/nfgxd).
>
> Sounds and looks pretty normal to me.  It's a blog, it's supposed to be
> full opinions.

At a public conference the guy puts up a slide that says "F--- you".  Not
my
idea of a normal guy.

Joe