It is all about what you are familiar with. PHP has it's own learning curve but it isn't insurmountable. The best thing about it is that there are tons of tutorials and examples available on the web so it is relatively easy to find a solution to a particular problem.

While I was at fall Common I picked up a set of PHP tutorials that were oriented to the iSeries. It assumes you have PHP installed in PASE and then shows how to retrieve information by running iSeries commands and outputting the data (after some very basic "Hello World" tutorials...).

You can find them on a web site I set up a while back www.opensource4iseries.com. Click on the "Pete's Common Presentation" link and then click on the link for the PHP tutorial. It is in a zip file with no setup instructions but I can help you out if you are interested. Start by launching edit.php page.

Pete Helgren

Gerald Magnuson wrote:

I mean easier, here, where I work..
We have a older flavor of CGIDEV programs, while we have a guy coding
the latest and greatest stuff with PHP...
Honestly, I have only done web apps via CGIDEV, and I'm sure that we
could definitely streamline some of those processes.
Well, it appears I was incorrect about PHP being native to i5OS V5R4,
could I also be wrong about PHP being better than CDIDEV???

Gerald