Since you are using locationmatch the string you are using for the match
is a regular expression. In regular expressions a . means to match any
character and the * means to match 0 or more of the previous character.
So the .* means match any characters following the /cgibin/po.d2m. This
brings up a potential problem which is while the regular expression
"po.d2m" will match the string "po.d2m" it will also match any string
containing "po" followed by a single character followed by "d2m". to
prevent this you should use /cgibin/po\.d2m.* the \ before the . escapes
it so that it will only match an actual .

I recommend reading up on regular expressions, as they can be very
powerful. You can find lots of information by searching google, or for
information specifically related to regular expressions as used with the
HTTP server look here
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzaie/rzaieregexpnot.htm

Joe Lee

>>> Cpiper@xxxxxxxxxxxx 08/20/2004 12:59:58 >>>
<LocationMatch /cgibin/po.d2m.*> did the trick. My only question is
what does the .* mean on the end of the address? I was using
/cgibin/po.d2m* and that never worked.

Chris

>>> LeeJD@xxxxxx 08/20/04 02:33PM >>>
Based on the URL you gave " https://servername.com/cgibin/po.d2m/input";
,
po.d2m doesn't look like a candidate for the <filesmatch> directive.
Have you tried putting the protection on the /QSYS.LIB/EXTCGIBIN.LIB/
directory? You might also try changing the <FilesMatch po.d2m>
directive
to be <FilesMatch po.d2m.*> or a probably better solution would be to
set it up as <LocationMatch /cgibin/po.d2m.*>

Joe Lee

>>> Cpiper@xxxxxxxxxxxx 08/20/2004 11:25:38 >>>
Tried, but Ignite seems to be down at the moment, but thanks for the
help.

>>> michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/20/04 01:22PM >>>
I'm sure you're right. Try ignite...there are some pbA wizards over
there.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:15:17 -0500, "Chris Piper"
< Cpiper@xxxxxxxxxxxx >

< Cpiper@xxxxxxxxxxxx >
> said:
> > I am trying to use validation lists, but I can't get the apache
server
> > to see the protection. Included is my config file that relates
(and
is

http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzaie/rzaievalidlist.htm

< Jim.McLean@xxxxxxxxxx >
> > said:
> > >
> > > You should be using a file called ".htaccess" Check out this
link:
> > > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/htaccess.html
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Jim McLean
> > > jim.mclean@xxxxxxxxxx
> > > (519)252-4415 ext. 502
> > >

> > > |---------+---------------------------->
> > > | | "Chris Piper" |
> > > | | < Cpiper@stantinc.|
> > > | | com> |
> > > | | Sent by: |
> > > | | web400-bounces@mi|
> > > | | drange.com |
> > > | | |
> > > | | |
> > > | | 20/08/2004 01:33 |
> > > | | PM |
> > > | | Please respond to|
> > > | | Web Enabling the |
> > > | | AS400 / iSeries |
> > > | | |
> > > |---------+---------------------------->

> > > htaccess

> > > Are youy using .htaccess or ..htaccess?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Jim McLean
> > > jim.mclean@xxxxxxxxxx
> > > (519)252-4415 ext. 502
> > >

> > > |---------+------------------------------------------------->
> > > | | "Chris Piper" < Cpiper@xxxxxxxxxxxx > |
> > > | | Sent by: |
> > > | | web400-bounces+jim.mclean=farrow.com@m|
> > > | | idrange.com |
> > > | | |
> > > | | |
> > > | | 20/08/2004 11:29 AM |
> > > | | Please respond to Web Enabling the |
> > > | | AS400 / iSeries |
> > > | | |
> > > |---------+------------------------------------------------->

> > > Another silly question, but how do I protect, user name password
required
> > > pages. I have tried using the Location and File tags, imbedding
the
> > > ...htaccess file in the directory and can get nothing to work.
We
have a
> > > page http://servernamehere/cgibin/po.d2m/input , which maps in
Apache to
> > > QSYS.LIB/EXTCGIBIN.LIB/DB2WWW.PGM/po.d2m/input. When I try to
add
the
> > > user
> > > name password protection it never seems to take. I have placed
it
inside
> > > the directory for QSYS.LIB/EXTCGIBIN.LIB/DB2WWW.PGM, outside of
it, in a
> > > ...htaccess file in the actual folder where the script is
stored,
and