I had the same need to bring in large amounts of XML.  Here is the sub proc
that I developed that can theoretically bring in 16MB.  I have tried it with
up to 11MB and it worked fine.  The basic jist is that it reads it into a
user space and then out to a file for your calling program to further
process it.  I think I have provided you most of the needed supporting sub
procs.  Let me know if you need any more. . .

Just curious, how are you going to parse the XML after you have received it?

     P CGI_readToFile...
     P                 B                   EXPORT
     D CGI_readToFile...
     D                 PI              N
     D  pFileName                   256A   Value

     D error           DS                  LikeDS(gAPIError)
     D bytesRead       S             10I 0
     D contentLength   S             10I 0
     D data            S          32767A   Based(ptr)
     D rc              S             10I 0
     D handle          S             10I 0
     D ptr             S               *

     D usrSpc          DS                  Qualified Inz
     D  lib                          10A   Inz('QTEMP')
     D  name                         10A   Inz('CGIFN')
      /Free

       error.bytesProvided = %Size(error);

       Monitor;
         contentLength = CtoN(CGI_getEnvVariable(CONTENT_LENGTH));
       On-Error;
         contentLength = 0;
         Error_throwError(
           '400': 'CGI_readToFile: No content was found in request');
       EndMon;

       If contentLength > 0;
         Monitor;

           // Create the space needed for the standard input data by making
use of
           // user spaces.
           UsrSpc_create(
             usrSpc.lib:
             usrSpc.name: ' ': contentLength: ' ': '*ALL': ' ': '*YES');

           ptr = UsrSpc_retrievePointer(usrSpc.lib: usrSpc.name);

           qtmhRdStin(data: contentLength: bytesRead: error);

           If error.msgId <> ' ';
             Error_throwError('400': 'CGI_readToFile: ' +
               'Error read Standard Input: ' + error.msgId + ':' +
error.data);
           EndIf;

           handle = IFS_openFile(pFileName: 'RW C CP');
           If handle < 0;
             Error_throwError('400':
               'CGI_readToFile: ' +
               'Unable to obtain a file handle with IFS_openFile.');
           EndIf;
           rc = write(handle: ptr: bytesRead);
           rc = close(handle);

           UsrSpc_delete(usrSpc.lib: usrSpc.name);

         On-Error;
           Error_throwError(
             '400': 'CGI_readToFile: Error reading Standard Input');
         EndMon;

         Return *On;
       EndIf;

       Return *Off;

      /End-Free
     P CGI_readToFile...
     P                 E

------------------
      // @Name - UsrSpc_retrievePointer

      // @Description - Retrieve Pointer to OS/400 UserSpace.

      // @Author - Aaron Bartell

      // @Usage - pointerToSpace = UsrSpc_retrievePointer(LibraryName:
SpaceName)

------------------
     P UsrSpc_retrievePointer...

     P                 B                   Export

     D UsrSpc_retrievePointer...

     D                 PI              *

     D  pLibName                     10A   Value

     D  pSpaceName                   10A   Value

     D spacePtr        S               *

     D qualifiedSpaceName...

     D                 S             20A

      /Free

       qualifiedSpaceName = pSpaceName + pLibName;

       qUsPtrUS(qualifiedSpaceName: spacePtr);

       Return spacePtr;

      /End-Free

     P UsrSpc_retrievePointer...

     P                 E

------------------
      // @Name - UsrSpc_delete

      // @Description - Delete OS/400 UserSpace.

      // @Author - Aaron Bartell

      // @Usage - UsrSpc_delete(LibraryName: SpaceName)

------------------
     P UsrSpc_delete   B                   EXPORT

     D UsrSpc_delete   PI

     D  pLibName                     10A   Value

     D  pSpaceName                   10A   Value

     D qualifiedSpaceName...

     D                 S             20A

      /Free

       qualifiedSpaceName = pSpaceName + pLibName;

       gAPIError = ' ';

       qUsDltUS(qualifiedSpaceName: gAPIError);

       Return;

      /End-Free

     P UsrSpc_delete   E

------------------
      // @Name -
      // @Author - Aaron Bartell
      // @Description -
      // @Usage -

------------------
     P IFS_openFile...
     P                 B                   Export
     D IFS_openFile...
     D                 PI            10I 0
     D  pFile                       256A   Value
     D  pFlags                       15A   Value
     D  pCodePage                    10I 0 Value Options(*NoPass)

     D rc              S             10I 0
     D handle          S             10I 0
     D IFSMODE         C                   Const(511)
     D flags           S             10I 0
     D codePage        S             10I 0
      /Free

       If %Parms > 2;
         codePage = pCodePage;
       Else;
         codePage = CP_DOSASCII;
       EndIf;

       flags = 0;

       If %Scan('R': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = flags + O_RDONLY;
       EndIf;

       If %Scan('W': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = flags + O_WRONLY;
       EndIf;

       If %Scan('W': pFlags) > 0 and %Scan('R': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = O_RDWR;
       EndIf;

       If %Scan('A': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = flags + O_APPEND;
       EndIf;

       If %Scan('C': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = flags + O_CREAT;
         If %Scan('T': pFlags) > 0;
           flags = flags + O_TRUNC;
         EndIf;
       EndIf;

       If %Scan('CP': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = flags + O_CODEPAGE;
       EndIf;

       handle = open(%Trim(pFile): flags: IFSMODE: codePage);

       If handle < 0;
         Return handle;
       EndIf;

       rc = close(handle);

       // Take the necessary tags back out for the second open
       If %Scan('C': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = flags - O_CREAT;
         If %Scan('T': pFlags) > 0;
           flags = flags - O_TRUNC;
         EndIf;
       EndIf;

       If %Scan('CP': pFlags) > 0;
         flags = flags - O_CODEPAGE;
       EndIf;

       Return open(%Trim(pFile): flags + O_TEXTDATA: IFSMODE: codePage);

      /End-Free
     P IFS_openFile...
     P                 E