> From: Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)
>
> >But I haven't seen any successful large scale implementations of an
> applet-based interface.
>
> The only place I have seen fairly large scale applets is in Stock type
> software where you get up to the second(so they say) updates on stock
> prices.  They appear to be large scale, but maybe they aren't. . . but
> they are out there.

You're absolutely correct, Aaron.  That's one of the biggies.  But
again, that's a pretty specific, narrow focus, usually what, 10 panels
at the most?  But that's the reason they do it so well.  They focus on a
specific task and then do it well.  General purpose applets fare less
well, and so trying to emulate a business application with 100s or 1000s
of panels is a little more difficult.  You either need a very
intelligent applet with a lot of runtime configuration information, or a
very LARGE applet, which then runs into deployment time issues.

Joe