> From: colm-subs1111@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> We're about to take the Webfacing Plunge. Would really love to hear
> stories about your experience.

Colm, I don't know a lot of success stories of people actually going
live with WebFaced applications.  The issues of size, speed, deployment,
change management and just the look and feel seem to often outweigh the
fact that the product is "free".  Intergrating with other web
applications is definitely not a strong point of WebFacing.

There are other alternatives that seem to do a better job.  For example,
if you want a thick client interface, JWalk does a reasonable job of it.
I'm quite biased, but in my opinion PSC/400 offers a far better
interface than any other product and is also has a much more flexible
deployment model - you can deploy everything from green screen emulation
in a browser to full-blown web-ready applications using rollovers and
cascading style sheets.

Just a few highlights:

Entire systems can be converted literally overnight.  Response time is
subsecond on a LAN, and fast enough to be used on a dialup (try THAT
with most other products!).  Converted programs run in batch - NO
interactive CPW requirements!  Runs with WebSphere or Tomcat.  You can
easily modify and redeploy a program in seconds.

And while those features (as well as our other standard features) are
enough to put us well ahead of the pack, we have a HUGE announcement
scheduled for Q4 that will totally change the iSeries marketplace.

We pride ourselves on quality; we've got clients happily using the
product for well over a year in production, and we currently have ZERO
outstanding defects.  The product is reasonably priced by processor and
has no per-user or per-seat charges, requires no retraining for your
programming staff and no expensive PCs and bulky PC software.

Visit our website to learn more.

Joe Pluta
Pluta Brothers Design, Inc.
Developers of PSC/400