From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of jrc@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 2:02 PM
To: WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fw: Re: RE: [WEB400] CGI and *LIBL

(Sorry to Bob: I accidentally replied to him directly instead of the list)

I use CGIParse with the "POST" method all the
time, about a hundred other programs or so and
they all work fine...  I do initialize the
variable first, like so:

d  RcvRec         s           1024

 /free
   RcvRec = #CgiParse( '-init' );
   #PutEnv( RcvRec );
   FIELD1    = #CgiParse( '-value FIELD1' );
   FIELD2    = #CgiParse( '-value FIELD2' );
   // etc...
 /end-free

In all my other programs after the '-init' call
RcvRec is populated with the QUERY_STRING
information, but the problem occurs in this one
program, intermittently, that the RcvRec is
returned blank instead.

The procedure is based on Brad Stone's #cgiParse
routine which wraps the API call.

Thanks,

Joel