>Have a customer with 170 running V5r1. Machine may have used Apache before.
>Not sure. Trying to bring up Classic "DEFAULT" instance. Strtcpsvr hangs and
>finally fails with a pointer error. Config file has  "normal" looking
>any ideas?
>jim franz

Jim, sounds a bit like an installation from an ancient Axx-CD-set without PTFs.

I'd get on current cumulative PTF and install SF99156, the HTTP Server
Group PTF for V5R1 (current level is 10 per Dec 9th, yours is dspdtaara

A customer installed V5R1 some weeks ago from Axx-CDs (the first GA release
AFAIK) which were in his desk for more than a year and wasn't even able to
start *ADMIN instance, although everything seemed pretty set up. I told him
to install PTFs, i didn't hear anything yet, so i think the problem is
solved... :-)

0.02 Euro

best regards /  Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Anton Gombkötö
Avenum Technologie GmbH