Title:

Mark,
I found this.. you might appreciate it

(For the complete page try

http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm )

Here are a number of very effective methods of keeping unscrupulous surfers from stealing your source:

1)Use the <INVISIBLE> </INVISIBLE> tags around the entire document.
2)Use the DONTSTEAL attribute in the <BODY> tag.
3)Ftp to your server, select all files and directories, hit "Delete".
4)Put every existing copy of every file on floppies, place them in a shoebox and bury them in the backyard.
There is another version of this method which involves placing the floppies in a plastic bag and hiding them in a different sort of hole. Both are equally effective.
5)Password protect your entire site and make sure no one has the password, not even you.
6)Start>Run>format C:\
7)Attack dogs, preferably rabid.
8)Use any version of Microsoft Frontpage to create your site. (This won't prevent people from viewing your source, but no one will want to steal it.

9)Employ a small but fanatically loyal and well-armed band of mercenaries to guard your site.
10)Don't put your pages on the web.

Ok, that was a bit of fun. Here's the real lowdown on hiding your source code:

It can't be done.

While it is possible to make it difficult for people to view your source code, you cannot stop someone who really wants it. It has been suggested that using javascript to disable right click or encrypting the source code may be effective. It is far more likely that employing these easily circumvented techniques will only encourage people to "steal" your code. In all probability, they don't want it until you tell them they can't have it.

The only truly effective method in the list above is #10.

Kenny