  • Subject: Problems with Error 500
  • From: "Christopher A. Libby" <clibby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:22:22 -0500

Hello all - I've been working on a couple sample RPG-CGI programs.  I'm
running into a problem with Internal Server Errors.  I've run a debug on the
program, and it seems to run correctly, but when it exits I get this web
page:

     Error 500
     Internal error: execve() failed.
     IBM HTTP Server 1.0

Here is the source to the program (simple - reads POST data and writes it
back out again):

     H DftActGrp(*NO) BndDir('WEBLIB/CGIBNDDIR')
      * WEBTEST3 - Reading POST data and writing it again            *
     D APIError        DS
     D  EBytesP                1      4B 0 INZ(40)
     D  EBytesA                5      8B 0
     D  EMsgID                 9     15
     D  EReserverd            16     16
     D  EData                 17     56
      *
     D HTTPHeader      C                   CONST('Content-type: text/html')
     D NewLine         C                   CONST(X'15')
      *
     D WrtDta          S           1024
     D WrtDtaLen       S              9B 0
     D*
     D RcvDta          S           1024
     D RcvDtaLn        S              9B 0 INZ(1024)
     D RcvValLn        S              9B 0
      *Retrieve POST Data
     C                   Exsr      GetPOSTData
      *Initialize Web Page
     C                   eval      WrtDta = %trim(HTTPHeader)
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
      *Write Headings
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '<html>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '<head>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '<title>This is what you wrote:'
+
     C                                      '</title>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '</head>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '<body>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '<p>This is what you wrote:</p>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '<hr>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C*Write Data Passes from caller
     C                   Eval      WrtDta = %Trim(RcvDta)
     C*Write footers
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '<hr>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '</body>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
     C                   eval      WrtDta = '</html>'
     C                   EXSR      $WrStout
      *
     C                   eval      *INLR = *On
     C                   Return
      * Write to Standard Output
     C     $WrStout      BEGSR
     C                   Eval      WrtDta = WrtDta + NewLine
      *
     C     ' '           CHECKR    WrtDta:1024   WrtDtaLen
      *
     C                   CALLB     'QtmhWrStout'
     C                   PARM                    WrtDta
     C                   PARM                    WrtDtaLen
     C                   PARM                    APIError
      *
     C                   ENDSR
      * GetPOSTData Subroutine
     C     GetPOSTData   BEGSR
      *
     C                   CallB     'QtmhRdStin'
     C                   Parm                    RcvDta
     C                   Parm                    RcvDtaLn
     C                   Parm                    RcvValLn
     C                   Parm                    APIError
      *
     C                   ENDSR

Any help at all would be appreciated.  TIA!

Christopher A. Libby, Programmer/Analyst
Maine Public Service Company (www.mainepublicservice.com)
clibby@mainepublicservice.com (207) 768-5811 ext. 2210

Maine Public Service Company
www.mainepublicservice.com