Hi,

iSphere doesn`t use Version 2.x of Log4j, which has the vulnerability
published over the weekend. The iSphere 5250 Emulator plugin uses Log4j
1.2.x and as I read, this version has not the current vulnerability, but
when searching for vulnerabilities in Log4j 1.2.x in the web I found the
following link, wich reports a vulnerability which is known since more than
2 Years and has never been fixed in version 1.2.x.

https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-17571

If you want to be 100% save, then you can uninstall the following iSphere
plugins. In this case you can no longer use the iSphere 5250 Emulator, but
that`s better than a vulnerability.

iSphere TN5250J (Albireo)

iSphere TN5250J Core

iSphere TN5250J for RDi

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Kind Regards

Frank Hildebrandt

Geschäftsführer CTO

Task Force IT-Consulting GmbH

Fallgatter 3

44369 Dortmund

Germany

Telefon: +49 231/28212608

Fax : +49 231/28861681

Web : <http://www.taskforce-it.de/> www.taskforce-it.de

Begleiten Sie uns auf Facebook: <https://www.facebook.com/taskforceitgroup>
https://www.facebook.com/taskforceitgroup

Qualität steigern, Zeit sparen, Kosten senken, mit CMOne...

_____

Task Force IT-Consulting GmbH, Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Waltrop,

Amtsgericht Recklinghausen HRB 4196, US-Id. DE203649380,

Geschäftsführer sind Frank Hildebrandt und Andreas Strietholt