Buck,

Yup, I had to "SCAN" those 72000 characters... <frown>

And I should have said "Close to the end", not the "very end"... <grin>

Reliable Green Debug allow me to scroll through many pages to find it. Without have to change vendor code....

I just issue this command in Green-Screen Debug, which worked!!!!
Eval myvar:C 72000, and scroll through it... <Joy Joy>

I tried to use RDI 9.5.0.2, but it became a pain, to try to issue multiple statements: %substr(myvar 21000 1000), %substr(myvar 22000 1000), etc...

It ended up being at %substr(myvar 33747 1000). Which just using reliable Green-Screen debug only just worked FLAWLESSLY!!! Page through, spot the error, and report it.
NOTE: The vendor had sections of code, and I knew which sections I had to get pass...

The vendor makes their code complicated, and undocumented, so that I will pay them $$$$ an hour to do changes... <LOL>
Nice try, but I am 25-year experience RPGLE developer! 10-years on RDI!!!! <Big Smile> (10-years FULL-TIME on RDI. I used it part-time for 7, but I do not count that...)

PS. The vendor corrected their code. It worked on their Server, but not in the SQLRPGLE code, because a type mismatch... <LOL> 9,0 vs 9,6 decimal fields definition...

So, when in doubt, just use Green Screen Debug... It just works every time!!!! <Big Smirk>

Don't get me wrong. I love RDI 9.5.0.2 debug. But, when in a crunch, I end up going back to reliable Green Screen Debug. And the Fossil Punch-Card Developers say: SEE, why use that "fancy-RDI", it is too slow...
<disappointment>

-Ken Killian-