Knowing how Aldon compiles I would doubt it would work well triggered
from LPEX editor. Aldon actually stores the "selected to be compiled"
member(s) in some sort of list object and then submit a single job
referencing that list object. Aldon uses the Release to setup details
for compiling like *JOBDs and *LIBLs. But I believe this type detail is
only known (from within RDi) when the compile action is performed via
the filter in RSE because the filter knows the release. I doubt LPEX
would know that.

I supposed you take Vern's suggestion to the point of making your own
compile command that inspects the objects in the Aldon system to see
their release / environment information and then select the appropriate
compile settings and *JOBD, however the Aldon compile command,
ACMSCREATE, is complex. I ended up giving up on this dream myself and
just stuck to knowing the quick access key stokes to get around views
and move through lists.

I only need a specialized version of Creates for those types of members
that do not translate into an object of the same type (SQL objects
primarily) or like with PFs and LFs the default commands do not replace.
I use the base create for most all other types.

At first I thought of the Keystroke Recorder but then I thought better
since the Keystroke Recorder as dumb as using a 5250 terminal macro, you
have to have everything set up just right to get it to function
properly.

Other things to think about with creating SQL type objects. Aldon
actually pre-compiles these into a special library to see if the Create
will actually work before dropping the real object and recreating it.
This prevents you from all of a sudden not having the prior compiled
version of the object when the newest version failes to compile. Aldon
also creates the PF object for all INDEX / LF items if you just select
INDEXs / LFs to be created. If you create your own you will want to
decide if you need to do the same type of actions.

Thanks, Matt