For those editing OPM RPG/400 source (.rpg) in RDp 8.0: RDp locks up and
has to be ended.
This applies only to RDp 8.0 (with or without 8.0.0.1), and not earlier
versions.

This does not apply to editing ILE RPG (.rpgle or .sqlrpgle) source.

Read below for an easy circumvention.

The problem will be fixed with the next fixpack (after the current
8.0.0.1);
after which no circumvention will be needed.
-----------

A problem introduced in RDp 8.0 causes the workbench to lock up when
editing
OPM RPG/400 source with the automatic syntax checking option on.
(The default setting is on)

This is only a problem for OPM RPG/400 source (.rpg).
ILE RPG source (.rpgle) is not affected.

This will be fixed in the next service pack after 8.0.0.1.

Until the next fixpack becomes available, there are two immediate
circumventions available now:

1. Turn off the automatic syntax checking for the OPM RPG/400 source type:

Un-check the "Automatic sytax checking" setting under "Window ->
Preferences ->
Remote Systems -> Remote System LPEX Editor -> IBM i Parsers -> RPG/400".

2. Or, to continue using the OPM RPG/400 automated syntax checking, there
is a
file to be copied which will fix the problem.

With RDp 8.0 not running, locate the file

C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\
com.ibm.etools.iseries.edit_8.0.1.v20101120_1835\os\win32\rdpower76
\evfjrpgs.dll

and copy it to its parent directory, replacing the version of the same file
name at

C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\
com.ibm.etools.iseries.edit_8.0.1.v20101120_1835\os\win32\

(The root path "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared" may vary depending on your
product install location.)

Copy/replace this file, and then you can start the product.

John Fellner, RDp Development