All,

If one currently has a POWER5 box running v5r4 with 5722-WDS including
WDSCi v7and the box is going to IBM i v7.1....

1) Does anybody have a working link for the # of ADTS/Complier entitlements?

2) What are the options for upgrading from WDSCi v7?

I know that Rational Developer for Power v7.6 (RDp) provides the basic
support for RPG application development with a list cost of $860 per
user. I assume IBM still offers a discounted "trade-up" price to
convert an ADTS entitlement to RDp. Anybody got a working link for
information on that?

However, there originally was a Rational Developer for i for SOA
Construction (RDi-SOA) with a list cost of $2,160 that appears to have
been rolled into Rational Business Developer (RBD) with a list cost of
$3,240.

Also there's a Rational Application Developer (RAD) for Websphere
Software with a list cost of $2,150.

And a Rational Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) with a list
cost of $289.

I think I need RDi 7.6 no matter what for the RPG support...
And if I want EGL, then I need to add RBD?
And if I want Java, then I need to add RAD?
And if Webfacing/HATS, then (HATS)?

Other than the "trade-up" discount from ADTS to RDi, are there any
other discounts for the various components?

Does anybody have a link to a roadmap, an article, or other
documentation that gives the basics of moving from OS/400 v5r4 and
WDSCi v7 to IBM i v7.1 and RDi plus whatever? In particular why
someone might want/need to pay the extra $$$ for RBD or RAD?

IBM if you're listening...IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD!

Thanks!
Charles