If it works for you then great for you. Problem solved.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Shaw
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:37 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Clientfor System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDP Won't give up

The host server jobs don't time out on my systems. The only job that gets
killed by the inactivity timers is the connection job. Having the job
status display refresh every 30 minutes resets the inactivity timers, so the
connection job stays up.

Besides, you can argue about whether it should work all you want - I've
tried it, and it solves my specific problem, which I believe is the same
problem Jon stated originally. Granted it's a work-around and not ideal,
but it's better than having to reconnect 2 or 3 times a day.

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries